Author Topic: Poll: Interfaces of e!Sankey to other tools  (Read 13020 times)

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
Poll: Interfaces of e!Sankey to other tools
« on: May 03, 2007, 02:43 PM »
What other tools would you like to connect with e!Sankey?

There will be an interface to Microsoft Excel in e!Sankey 2.0, so we have not added Excel as an option to vote for. But which other tools do you think should be connected to e!Sankey, or have an interface for data exchange.

Please feel free to name specific products in your comment.
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline brrmek

Re: Poll: Interfaces of e!Sankey to other tools
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 10:42 AM »
Hi guys, based on what I have seen of the tool so far you have done a really good job! I have been using s-draw for many years so my skills in sankey diagrams are pretty good. Speaking of interfaces that you should have is in my opinion on the export side. xml and svg makes it possible to publish on a web site and also it would make it possible to make dynamic by sending new flow quantities into the diagram. I would really appreciate that since it then would be possible to make some server side scripting in e.g. PHP to control the output of the svg. Perhaps m$ SWF format should also be considered but I tend to believe in standardized formats in the first room.

/M

Offline bonzo5

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 12:53 PM »
It would be outstanding if e!Sankey could also import a structured text file--indented text, tab-delimited, or one using heading styles, in order to create the diagram.  Also, being able to import a mindmap would be very powerful (like Mindmanager Pro, Mindmapper, etc.), because this would allow the brainstorming and idea capture in the mindmap, with e!Sankey then producing the appropriate flow diagram.

Offline Fritzz

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 11:39 AM »
And export to anything textbased... Word, excel, txt-files, tab, anything really, structure doesnt even have to be included!
Would be great.