Author Topic: Import functionality  (Read 6913 times)

Offline MZabel

Import functionality
« on: November 28, 2007, 02:25 PM »
Hello,

right now I´m working chemical processes and LCA stuff @ BAYER Germany.
We already have e!Sankey in use, but I want to know when e!Sankey will be able to import from Microsoft Excel?

For me it´s very important because the tool for the LCA doesn´t have a good visualisation part but works fine for the calculations. And on the other side e!Sankey looks very good (I know this from Umberto too) but I miss more Import options.

Actually, is there an Import Option at the moment in Version 1.2?

Thanks

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
Re: Import functionality
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 02:50 PM »
Hello MZabel,

We already have e!Sankey in use, but I want to know when e!Sankey will be able to import from Microsoft Excel?

For me it´s very important because the tool for the LCA doesn´t have a good visualisation part but works fine for the calculations. And on the other side e!Sankey looks very good (I know this from Umberto too) but I miss more Import options.

Actually, is there an Import Option at the moment in Version 1.2?

Your request for an Excel import interface has been raised several times by other users. Of course we do see the need for this, and the benefit this would bring to e!Sankey users.

We will definitely have an Excel import option in the next main version e!Sankey 2.0, scheduled for second quarter of 2008.

As for Umberto, you might be interested to know, that all features you see in e!Sankey (and more) will also be part of Umberto 6, as to allow the users of our material and energy modeling software to directly produce nice Sankey diagrams from their Umberto models.

Regards,

pbeilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator

Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline bonzo5

Enhanced Import functionality
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 03:28 PM »
It would even be better if esankey diagrams could be automatically generated from a spreadsheet or indented text file.  Such functionality would allow model-based systems engineering (MBSE) tools to export a csv file that defined resources and flows--a view that is typically not provided by SE tools, but still very important.