Author Topic: Export to EPS  (Read 8104 times)

Offline lizcurmi

Export to EPS
« on: January 24, 2013, 02:43 PM »
I was wondering whether esankey can export files to EPS format.  EMF format is not accepted in most scientific journals, and most vector drawings are requested in EPS format

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
Re: Export to EPS
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 04:22 PM »
Dear lizcurmi,

sounds like a great idea. I am sure that many people out there could benefit from an EPS export in e!Sankey, e.g. for using their Sankey diagrams and integrating them into their LaTeX file.

The problem with directly providing an EPS export format in e!Sankey is indeed the cost of the components/libraries needed to do such a job. There are some good ones out there, but they are very costly. There are also some open source tools that do the job, but these can't be incorporated into a commercial product like ours. I assume this is also the reason why other tools, such as MS Visio don't have EPS export format.

I take your inquiry as an incentive to research once again what's available on the market. Maybe something new has been published since I last checked.

In the meantime, I think the only thing you can do, is to handle the conversion yourself manually. Either by using a converter from EMF to EPS (example here) or by using a PDF/XPS printer and then go from the PS format to EPS (as described here).

We'll keep the feature request on the list for the next major e!Sankey release ... but I don't want to promise anything.

pb
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH