Author Topic: Arrow rerouting (request by user)  (Read 7131 times)

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
Arrow rerouting (request by user)
« on: January 16, 2008, 03:52 PM »
An e!Sankey user suggests to implement arrow rerouting:

"If you are interested in suggestions, one minor thing is that would be
handy to be able to change the origin or destination of a flow.  After
setting up a complex flow from A-->B I sometimes realize that I should
have set it up as A-->C-->B.  It would be handy to reroute the
original flow from A to C rather than deleting it and starting over."

This has been added as enhancement/feature request in our tracking system. We will keep you updated as to if and when this feature will be implemented.
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline rooocs

Re: Arrow rerouting (request by user)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 09:42 AM »
That's nice.

I also suggest to add the possibility to choose the sequential order of the narrows starting from the same process and finishing in different ones.

In other words: setting a flow like A-B, A-C, A-D. Normally e!Sankey order it by magnitude.
It should be nice to have the possibility to move -B from the bottom/top to top/bottom (change the order of the narrows) without moving any process.

This function is now active in an automatic way. Means that the program decides the narrows order when they're crossing from the very beginning. Anyway, I would like to have the possibility to do it manually for a major graphic handling.
I know that another way to change the order is trying to setting the curves of narrows, but sometimes it's really tough to obtain it.

I hope to have been clear in expressing the feature request.

Thanks for your attention

Offline Jörn Zietz

• Administrator
Re: Arrow rerouting (request by user)
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 10:59 AM »
Hi rooocs,

if i get it right, your suggested feature already exists.

Arrows which connect to the same side of a node are drawn next to each other -- we call it 'stacked'. For each node you can select if arrows should be ordered automatically (by angle) oder by zorder (with 'Bring to front', 'Send to back'). There is a radiobutton on the process property panel.

The side an arrow connects to for a node with 'Connectivity'. If you yould like to draw diagrams which have an 'top to bottom' or 'left to right' orientation, you can select the corresponding entries in the combobox.

Best regards,
Jörn Zietz
Jörn Zietz
e!Sankey Team
ifu Hamburg GmbH