Author Topic: Dynamic Sankeys and online functionality  (Read 3275 times)

Offline Aether

Dynamic Sankeys and online functionality
« on: June 09, 2015, 10:28 AM »
Hi,

I use E!Sankey for my work and feel like we have reached the limits of its use. We would love to be able to make interactive Sankeys, using filters and being able to analyse data in a more intelligent way. On top of this, the ability to embed Sankeys online (with interactivity) would be a real next step and expand the way we could use the software. Any plans for this type of development?

Thanks

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
Re: Dynamic Sankeys and online functionality
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 02:58 PM »
Hello Aether,

thanks for your comment. We appreciate your continued use of our software e!Sankey. You are specifically inquiring about interactive Sankey diagrams and Sankey diagrams (preferably interactive and) embedded on a website.

We do not offer such features in the desktop versions (e!Sankey standard and e!Sankey pro), but we have the e!Sankey SDK product version that targets at software developers and solution providers that wish to integrate Sankey diagrams into their (web-based) applications. Please check out the e!Sankey SDK page for some more information.

Nevertheless, I would be interested to learn your ideas and hear more about your feature ideas in regard to interactivity, filtering and push-to-web. If that is okay for you I will contact you directly to discuss options.

As for your last question ("Any plans for this type of development?"). Yes we do have many ideas and also a roadmap for new features. This list of planned features is constantly updated when we get requests from e!Sankey users, from what we hear during trainings or in support inquiries, as well as from projects where we ourselves use the software. I can not disclose this roadmap publicly, but am ready to talk to you about specific items and their prioritization.

Looking forward to talking to you personally.

Peter

Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline eformx

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 07:02 PM »
@Aether  a good starting point would be an online tool modeled after http://sankeybuilder.com  It builds the diagram based on your uploaded data and then offers all kinds of online config options and you can actually share it with your audience. Pretty slick.  Hope that helsp Aether/e!Sankey.

Offline Aether

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 04:03 PM »
Thanks eformx, Sankey Builder looks like a useful tool. If it was as nice visually as E!Sankey then it could be a really nice solution.