Author Topic: Equal Spacing of Processes  (Read 1637 times)

Offline J. Gary Lutz

Equal Spacing of Processes
« on: July 09, 2015, 08:04 PM »
Friends,

This may have been addressed elsewhere (although I can't find it), so I apologize in advance for any repetition.  In e!Sankey 3.2, you can align a group of processes along the horizontal axis or the vertical axis of a reference process.  Is there a way (or will there be a way in future releases) of equally spacing a group of processes (either vertically or horizontally) between two reference processes?  Many thanks.

J. Gary

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
Re: Equal Spacing of Processes
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 09:35 AM »
Hi J. Gary,

equal spacing of processes (distributing nodes evenly) is not available in e!Sankey. i remember having seen such a feature in a software already, but I don't remember which one it was...

I will take your idea as a feature wish on our list of customer suggestions, however, I can not guarantee that this will be implemented.

Thinking of it, I believe that this is a very meaningful feature when starting to build a Sankey diagram, and having to diistribute a flow to, let's say, 10 destinations. It would be great to just create 10 processes evenly spaced. However, should Sankey arrows already be attached to the processes with different magnitudes, then distributing the processes evently spaced might also create problems (collisions, overlapping). What if the processes don't have the same size?

Anyways, thanks for the feature request. I'll keep you posted should we move ahead with this feature.

Enjoy working with e!Sankey

Peter
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH