Author Topic: Live Link not working  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Vio

Live Link not working
« on: October 28, 2015, 11:37 AM »
Hello,
I am using the spanish version of e!Sankey pro. I am unable to create a new live link in the diagram, the following error message is appearing:
'Pegar Live Link falló (La creación de Live Link desde el portapapeles ha fallado: from Clipboard failed: No se ha encontrado una referencia de Excel bajo el nombre del libro [name of the excel file]'
I have been able to update the title with the link without any problem, it is the creation of a new live link what appears to be the problem.
I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
Re: Live Link not working
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 05:45 PM »
Hola Vio,

thanks for submitting your inquiry here in the forum. I do not think that the problem is related to the use of the Spanish version. Actually the change of language only leads to changes in the messages and menu entries.

However, one thing to verify is indeed the naming of the Excel file and of the worksheet name. Are there special characters included in the location path of the Excel file, the file name itself, or the worksheet name?

What Windows version and what language version of Windows are you using? Can you also inform us about your Windows Regional Settings (Configuración regional).

If you prefer confidentiality, rather than telling all this information here in the forum, you can send the .sankey file and linked Excel file directly to support@e-sankey.com. I am sure we can find out what is happening and how to fix it.
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline Vio

Re: Live Link not working
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 08:32 AM »
Hola,

Thanks for your quick reply. I have created Excel files saved on the desktop with names of just one letter and without changing the name of the worksheet, but the same warning appears.

Regarding Windows, I am using Windows 7 in Spanish; and in the Regional settings Spain is indicated as location. I read in the help of the program that the language of the Excel version should be the same as in Windows, and that Regional settings should be set accordingly, but that was already my case.

I will send now two example files to the email address you provide me. Thanks once again!