Author Topic: How to replace commas with decimal point  (Read 1589 times)

Offline marcelo351

How to replace commas with decimal point
« on: January 01, 2016, 03:06 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm Brazilian user and in Brazil we use commas in numbers where in america there is the decimal point. Now I'm trying to submit an article to a journal and the asked me to replace the commas with decimal points in some diagrams I created. By simple changing one for the other I'm having serious unit problems. Can someone, please give a hint or a solution on how to replace  commas with decimal points ?

Thanks  :)

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
Re: How to replace commas with decimal point
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 10:10 AM »
Olá marcelo 351,

For the display of the decimal point in numbers, e!Sankey relies on the Windows Regional Settings.
Not sure which Windows version you are using, but in Windows 7 go to the Windows Control > Regional and Language Options. There you can temporarily switch to "English (USA)". Click on 'Customize' to view and change individual settings (but I think it is easier to just switch to the English (USA) profile completely for a short time).

You may have to restart e!Sankey for the changes to take effect.

Brazilian: 1000000,00 kg will show as English (USA): 1000000.00 kg.

Read here for more info.

If you need other number format displays, such as
1,000,000.00 kg
or
1'000'000.00 kg.
then you can use the format string for the unit types as explained in this post. This is a setting within e!Sankey, and is independent of the Windows Regional Setting.

Hope this helps ... and good luck with your publication.

Peter

Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH