Author Topic: Values and text-fields get invisible  (Read 1043 times)

Offline GeirA

Values and text-fields get invisible
« on: August 17, 2016, 01:28 PM »
Hi,
When i try to open a file that has been created on my collegues computer most of the text-fields, labels and live-link values gets "invisible". When i locate a "box" With an invisible value i can rigth-click, choose Font and then enter to get the value visible again. It will be very time consuming to do this on all labels and values in the file. My collegue does not have the same problem. Is there an easy fix to this?

We both use Version 4.1.1.678

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
Re: Values and text-fields get invisible
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 02:37 PM »
Hello GeirA,

this is indeed a strange behaviour. I understand that basically only text elements in the diagram are affected.

Is the selected font type in the original file (on your colleague's computer) possibly a special font that is not installed on your machine? But even in this case I would assume that if the font is not installed it will fall back to a default Windows font type.

Secondly, you might want to check the screen resolution (DPI scaling) in the Control Panel. Depending on the operating system you are using this is called "Make it easier to read what's on your screen" (Windows 7 and 8 ), or "Change the size of text, apps and other items" (Windows 10). There are three settings: 100% default, 125% (medium), 150% (larger).
Please check whether you have the same setting as your colleague. If he chooses 125%, and on your machine it is set to 100%, this might lead to problems in displaying certain elements. Test it by using the same setting on both machines.

Finally: You don't have to change the font one-by-one for each element. A short cut for changing the font of all labels is: Select All (CTRL-A), then select "Labels" in the dropdown list at the top of the Properties window. The number of labels that are affected is shown in brackets. Then make the property change (e.g. font setting). It will apply to all labels. Same for text element or the like. This "Multi Edit" feature is also described in the e!Sankey user manual. 

Hope that helps
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH