Author Topic: Multi Flow Arrow labeling only top entry  (Read 709 times)

Offline dasuzak

Multi Flow Arrow labeling only top entry
« on: November 07, 2016, 12:17 AM »
I don't see a lot of instructions on how to create a multi flow arrow, but my assumption was that you attach however many flow entries you want onto the arrow.  When I do this the arrow splits into multi flow as I would expect, but only the label for the topmost flow is shown.  The instructions would seem to indicate all would appear, but I only see the one on top.  Help.

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
Re: Multi Flow Arrow labeling only top entry
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 08:45 AM »
Hi dasuzak,

exactly. To create a multi-flow (several flows on one arrow) you just drag&drop the flows onto the arrow in the diagram (and insert a flow quantity for each of them). Typically all flows would be from the same unit type. If you have flow entries of different unit types (e.g. mass, energy, volume) you must explicitly allow this using the option 'Allow different unit types in arrow' in the document properties.

As for the flow label, yes, by default it should show all entries in the multi-flow, one on each line. See attached screenshot for an example.

Could it be that you accidentally switched to the 'Sum' display for the flow label, so that only one line is shown as label for the multi-flow? See second attached screenshot for an example. This feature can be found in the properties of the arrow label in the panel at the top. The default setting is 'Values' for displaying all values in the arrrow. You can switch to 'Sum' so that the label displays the sum of all flows (in that case the name of the entry group will be used instead of a specific flow name). The third option is 'Custom'. It allows adjusting the arrow label in many different ways.

Please feel free to send a screenshot or the file directly to our e!Sankey Help Desk at support@e-sankey.com. We will verify the issue and let you know a solution.

Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline dasuzak

Re: Multi Flow Arrow labeling only top entry
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 01:57 PM »
Thanks Peter.  I sent some screenshots to the support desk.