Author Topic: Live link with parallel windows (on macbook)  (Read 168 times)

Offline zaideus

Live link with parallel windows (on macbook)
« on: October 06, 2017, 12:40 PM »
Hallo,

I am using e!Sankey Pro 4.4.1.24 on parallel Windows on Macbook. Therefore, to construct a live link, I have to change the interface (since my Excel is installed on mac), copy the cell and then change to parallel Windows, paste the cell in the e!Sankey Software, in 'Quantity' section. The value gets inserted but no live link gets attached. The LL column remaining blank. Does this Problem lies with using the software in parallel Windows, or am I doing anything wrong?

Thank you

Offline Jörn Zietz

• Administrator
Re: Live link with parallel windows (on macbook)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 05:07 PM »
Hello zaideus,

unfortunatly this is technically not possible. In e!Sankey a Live Link to Microsoft Excel contains mainly of the file path of the Excel Workbook (the physical location on hard disk). And from within the Windows installation (in Parallels) the host hard disk/file system is not accessable. This is for the link to an Excel file. To make it a /Live/ Link, it is neccessary to "contact" a running Excel Application via so called COM Interface. And Mac Version does not provide such interface. And same to hard disk also applications (resp. running processes) can not be accessed from within Windows in Parallels. I am sorry having no better news for you.

Best regards
Jörn
Jörn Zietz
e!Sankey Team
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline cskwarcan

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 12:50 PM »
It seems you could install standard version of Microsoft Excel in Parallels and link to it, correct?  That way everything is done with Parallels...

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Yes, if both e!Sankey and Excel sit in Parallels, then it should work.
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH