Author Topic: Traffic Sankey Diagram  (Read 554 times)

Offline cskwarcan

Traffic Sankey Diagram
« on: October 25, 2017, 02:11 AM »
The emf export has the appearance I am looking for. As a traffic engineer, it would be helpful to graphically depict intersection volumes where the width is meaningful, particularly when comparing one or more intersections.

Ideally, the sankey graph would be generated from an excel chart containing the 12 volumes.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Chet

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
Re: Traffic Sankey Diagram
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 11:14 AM »
Hello Chet,

I think you are refering to this Sankey diagram, depicting a vehicle count at a (fictitious) highway intersection during a one hour period.

Yes, that's a nice one! Also, I find that the color gradient adds a nice touch to the diagram.

Ideally, the sankey graph would be generated from an excel chart containing the 12 volumes. Is this possible?

With the Live Link in e!Sankey pro it is possible to update the Sankey diagram using values from an Excel worksheet. You would just set Live Link references from each of the 12 arrows into the data table, and then update the values in the Excel cells.

Peter

(Note: I might split your post from this old 2009 thread on EMF, as it is not related to this specific export format)
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline cskwarcan

Re: Traffic Sankey Diagram
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 12:46 PM »
Thank you for the quick reply - I have been looking for an elegant way to depict intersection data.