Author Topic: Grouping Objects  (Read 70 times)

Offline xwijnix

Grouping Objects
« on: March 11, 2019, 04:35 AM »
Hi,

It would be extremely useful to be able to group objects together - for example grouping processes with secondary labels, or grouping labels together, or grouping processes together. This would make it easy to move groups of objects around when otherwise you would have to individually select items.

Example attached, where I have a heat pump with label showing the COP. This label dynamically adjusts based on live links. I would like to be able to group the label and process so I can easily move them together rather than always having to select both before moving.

Cheers

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
    • Umberto - know the flow.
Re: Grouping Objects
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 03:56 PM »
Hello xwijnix,

yes, definitely a good suggestions, and not the first time that we hear it from e!Sankey users.

So in your process you have an additional text element that is placed on the process symbol. The process label itself will move with the process (at the same releative position) when you move it. However, since the additional text label is not fixed to the process, it will not move when you drag the process.

Grouping as we know it from Power Point graphics is definitely a good idea... Currently you would have to make a selection frame around the process, make sure you capture all elements in the selection, then drag the selected elements.

I will let you know here in the forum once a grouping feature moves up in our implementation sequence.

Thanks for your suggestion.
Peter Müller-Beilschmidt
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline xwijnix

Re: Grouping Objects
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 08:21 PM »
Thanks for the response, good to know I'm not the only one who's thought of this!