Author Topic: A question about pasting from file to file  (Read 7966 times)

Offline bjadams

A question about pasting from file to file
« on: December 05, 2007, 10:51 PM »
So, I have charted flows in 5 sectors each in a separate file.  I laid them all out and thought, "Wow, what a cool poster."  So I pasted all five of the charts into one file.  It worked beautifully.  That was the only time.  Now I am lucky to get 3 sectors into a file.  These are basic flow chart templates with no values added.  It doesn’t seem likely that I am pushing the limits of the program.  What did I do right the first time?
Barb

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
  • e!Sankey - show the flow.
Re: A question about pasting from file to file
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 09:46 AM »
Hello Barb,

no, you are definitely not pushing the limits of e!Sankey. As far as I understand you are copying/pasting diagram structures without a flow, just the bare processes and arrows linking them, correct? That would exclude the possibility of a mismatch between units or a scaling issue.

In order to be able to analyze the problem you encountered, we would need some additional information, such as:
- what exactly happens when you paste the sectors into the destination diagram? Is there an error message, a warning, or any other response from the application?
- what is the sequence of actions you are taking before this error occurs?
- do you have materials defined in the Entries window? Are there any duplicates (the same entry name with different units in the different diagram sectors you are bringing together in one diagram?)
- any particularities in your diagram, such as overlays, images used in process symbol, or the like?

You can send the files concerned and screenshots to our support e-mail address support@e-sankey.com so that we can have a look at this.

We will of course post the solution to the issue here in the forum, for all other users.

Peter
Peter
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline bjadams

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 10:45 PM »
I seem to have solved my problem.  I was not waiting long enough for the clipboard to move from one file to the other.  The more complex sectors take several minutes.  By which time I had decided it just wasn't working.
Thanks

Offline pbeilschmidt

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 08:49 AM »
Dear Barb,

even for more complex diagrams copy & paste should not take more than a few seconds.

We will keep this bug report open and track it as #478 in our system.

We will keep you posted on any new developments regarding this. Should you have additional information that might help us identify the reason for this delay, we would appreciate it.

Regards
Peter
e!Sankey Forum Moderator
ifu Hamburg GmbH