Author Topic: Setting the same fonts, units across multiple sankey files  (Read 4799 times)

Offline caumann

Setting the same fonts, units across multiple sankey files
« on: October 03, 2013, 05:42 AM »
I am exporting a large number of diagrams from Umberto for EcoEfficiency into e-Sankey.  I want each of these diagrams to use the same font sizes, show the same arrow labels (i.e., separate label for each flow in each arrow), have the units expressed the same way (e.g., kg/day), the same font for the overal label for the diagram etc.  Right now, I have to go through an manually apply the same formating to each diagram exported from Umberto for EcoEfficiency.  Anyway to set the default fonts, units etc in e-Sankey so that each sankey looks the same when it is exported from Umberto?   I know about templates, but I am not drawing the diagram by hand so I'm not sure if they can help in this situation.  Any way to set some such options globally in e-Sankey? 

Thanks!

Offline Jörn Zietz

• Administrator
Re: Setting the same fonts, units across multiple sankey files
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 02:51 PM »
Hello Caumann,

I am very sorry, but currently we do not offer editing of multiple e!Sankey files at a time.

To understand better what you are planning to do respectivly how a suitable solution should be: You are doing several e!Sankey exports in Umberto. And you would like to change some things in the layout - so the diagram should look different from the Umberto net layout. Do you see this feature in Umberto or in e!Sankey? At the moment I just see some very technical implementations to allow multi file editing. Do you know any application which offers such a feature?

--
Best reagards,
Jörn
Jörn Zietz
e!Sankey Team
ifu Hamburg GmbH

Offline caumann

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 04:54 PM »
It is not about editing multiple files at once.  It is about applying  the same "format template" to each file.  for example, in Microsoft Word, changing the document template will change the fonts used for the headers, text, space between paragraphs, etc.

In e!Sankey, I am spending a lot of time simply ensuring that the same information is displayed.  In my case, I want each arrow to be labeled, I want the label to show each individual value - not the sum of the flows, I want the  label to have a font size of 11.  Similarly for the transition labels - I want them to have a font size of 11. Changing this on each figure takes a lot of time!  Could we not simply change the default values somewhere to ensure that any diagram I export from Umberto into e-Sankey comes in with the values I want - instead of the values which are set in e-Sankey by default?

Hope this clarifies my question.

Offline Jörn Zietz

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 10:31 AM »
Hello Caumann,

thank you for your explanation. Templates are realized as prototypes of nodes, arrows, texts, shapes and images which are stored in each document. If we want to realize your suggested feature, we should implement it in Umberto. Export needs to retrieve info about installed e!Sankey settings (if e!Sankey is installed) and do the export. When we implemented the export feature, we decided that the net should look like the original Umberto net and set the properties of the elements. I see that it needs much work, if you want to change the look of the diagram. I am very sorry, but currently there is not simple way to do it automatically.

I add your suggestion as feature request to our planning system. When we are planning the next releases, we will discuss it and decide it will be realized.

Thank you very much for your feedback.
Jörn Zietz
e!Sankey Team
ifu Hamburg GmbH